Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2nd 2010
On my walk this morning, I saw a tree that had some 'problems'. I thought that tree is not judging itself for doing something wrong or feeling 'bad' about itself. It didn't struggle with what it didn't understand or if this was karmic retribution. It made me realize that as humans we are too quick to 'blame' ourselves or others for diseases or misfortunes rather than accepting and allowing life to just happen. Observing and experiencing  what is and then choosing the healthiest ways we know to deal with it. Taking responsibility doesn't mean taking the blame. It actually frees us from blame when we grasp it. Granted we may have evolved a bit higher than a tree with our cognitive abilities and yet they have always been great teachers for me and I am grateful this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment