Tuesday, September 14, 2010

'little bird' getting help

It's been a week because I had a chance to spend some beautiful time with a friend. It was a gift in so many ways. Being with, being cared for, being listened to, being silly with lots of laughing and dancing, being 'in growth',  and mostly feeling loved. When thinking about what was so big in my heart today, I thought of this 'little bird' that I found hurt and stunned. I gently nursed him back to where he could fly away and a tear came to my eye. He had given me a chance to be kind and loving by coming to me with his little hurt. That's how I feel today, grateful for all the friends I have been able to be a 'little bird' for. By showing my hurt, they have come and I pray I have given them the chance for that beautiful little tear. Thank you friends for your care. It has always seemed easier for me to run and hide until it's 'fixed' so I can be there smiling and singing for you. I realized how afraid I was to show my hurt and fear. What a great lesson you have given me and how gracious you have been - and you all know who you are!

With love and humility...........may we all sing together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment