Thursday, September 30, 2010

A pile of rubble....



The thread I'm watching seems to be about allowing ourselves the 'feelings' that come up from situations in our lives. From trivial to humungous - doesn't seem to matter. Watching it in myself and all those around me, the gift of being with the feeling, totally embracing it and not judging it. Also, not to take our identity from the feeling alone and remembering that we are 'experiencing' the emotion while 'being' our essence. I get a glimpse that it is the whole experience of observer and observed that is the essence rather than one or the other. A little deep but fun to contemplate. A phrase that came up for a client was, "I allow myself to have this feeling and it is o.k. to feel this (while standing in front of her pile)." Sounds simple and yet the effect is so calming. It may seem 'stupid' to be upset by a pile of rubble, and yet we can honor that the rubble was the Ugly Gift that allowed that feeling to rise up to be experienced and released. Ahhh...to walk the path lightly! To be able to smile at ourselves when we go and sit on the rubble and pout!

No comments:

Post a Comment