Tuesday, September 7, 2010

End of the monsoons........


On this mornings walk, I was feeling a sluggishness in my body and the air seemed thick and heavy like maple syrup going through my nostrils. Anxiety began as thoughts of what is wrong with me this morning, what's happening, what did I eat, or blah blah blah, you know the stream I speak of?  Well, I stepped back to observe my experience and realized that my interpretations and judgements were making the experience miserable and wondered what it could be like if I just 'felt' it. Amazing! The experience shifted from that heaviness to a lightness and then the experience of walking was what I noticed. The sluggishness was still there and yet the heaviness in my mind melted into the curiosity. Sometimes the end of a season can feel heavy and ominous and if we can step back and look through the eyes of curiosity, we can see the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment