Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"The Collective"



Watching a show in the series of Star Trek Voyager called 'Unity' brought some fun insights. There were several scenes revealing the experience of being part of the Borg 'Collective'. All thoughts were heard, feelings felt, memories replayed, and experiences recalled as 'One'. I was impressed how this may not be as far from the truth as we imagine and began to do some inner exploring. Was I controlled by the 'collective'? Did I have a choice? Which 'self' had a choice? These played around in my mind. One concept I recently read in Dr. David Hawkin's latest little book had me curious about the way to escape the control of the collective. One concept that may apply is to not personalize the thoughts we have or even many of the feelings, not to get our 'juice' from these and to refocus our attention on the substrate where thinking takes place. Then to notice this is a place of quietness beyond that chatter and to identify with that. He differentiates by capitalizing 'Self' to indicate the larger substrate and, I'm guessing, the little 'self' or ego would be aligned with the collective. We do not 'leave' the collective as much as not identifying with it. 
I do love Star Trek! Bravo for inner explorations!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Inelia Benz has a beautiful meditation on her website, Ascension101.com, called Cleaning the Collective. It's about infusing the planetary collective, and the planet herself with love and light - you may already know about it. One benefit from doing the meditation is the sense I get of serving humanity rather than being at the mercy of collective thoughtforms or feelings.

    ReplyDelete