Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love and a Fig



Hi again, It's been a long long time since I've been here. It has been a year of inner focus catapulted by Boullie's passing. I was pulled back by this beautiful heart fig that I picked this morning and I wanted to share my experience. The fig tree has been with me for many years. I have been eating figs, making fig smoothies, and picking figs again during this year's season. In the studio, I started to paint a fig for the first time and soon realized that I had never really looked at a 'fig'! Yesterday, I did. Wow, what an amazing form and so full of color. 

Isn't this true for how we view 'others'.  So often, we don't see them because we are focused on what they mean to us. For example, how will I eat this! Let's take the time to really perceive others for who they are and see their beauty and color. First step, seeing the beauty and color of ourselves without judgement. It is there if we look and feel without attaching 'meaning' about how we feel or even about what we think. Instead, just look, give your attention to, focus on, breath, allow this part of yourself to be expressed and felt with no judgement. Explore it more like a curiosity. You'll be surprised by what you see...........I was!


                                                               'First Time'      by Mary Rosas 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment