Monday, December 6, 2010

Words from Enzo.............and Boullie

Enzo is a wise dog:


Enzo is the dog who tells the story of his life and knows his next lifetime will be as a human. He longs to talk so he can communicate his wisdom. He is already ten years old when he was hit by a car and on the drive to the vet,Denny, his owner, is very concerned.  Enzo thinks about a young champion race car driver who died at 34 years of age and every one considered it to be an 'untimely death' but Enzo thinks to himself:  

"I know the truth and I will tell you. He died that day because his body had served it's purpose. His soul had done what it came to do, learned what it came to learn and then was free to leave. I know that if I had already accomplished what I had set out to accomplish here on earth, if I had already learned what I was meant to learn, I would have left the curb one second later than I had and I would have been killed instantly by that car. But I was not killed because I was not finished, I still had work to do."

Even though it is a challenging time to read this book while Boullie is at the end of his days,  it is also a comfort. This passage had me in tears of grace this morning contemplating Boullie's life. I have watched how he inspires people to remember and heal some of their own grief as he would lay his head on their knee while they cried. It is especially apparent now as they watch me go through this seemingly long process. I have heard of everyone's time with their losses of loved family members, both humans and animals. It has been touching and Boullie says, "I'm not quite done yet Mom, still a few more souls to touch." So, a few more souls to touch with his loving and wise spirit as I continue to be grateful to have him here for a little longer.

Boullie's Buddha nature shows here.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment