Friday, October 22, 2010

Our 'Changing Colors'

  'Changing Colors'

When we see these colors in the mountains, we are in awe at the beauty. We say with delight, "The leaves have changed!" Just as there are many elements needed to bring about the change in the leaves, so it is true for us. I'm guessing the trees may not resist the way we do! I was just in Santa Fe and it seemed many inner shifts happened that were uncomfortable for me. Even though I know the change was necessary and brings a new season, I resisted the process. In reflection, it seems the pain came from my resistance. Yet as humans, does change require resistance? I'm not sure. Maybe it's our perception of resistance? Anyway, I am grateful for the eyes of a friend who could witness and encourage the changing in me and reflect the beauty. This gave me the courage to allow the elements of life to do their work. Now, the leaves can fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment